Hey, my name is Aaron and welcome to Freedom and Fulfilment.
F&F is a blog about “being good at life”.
I’m interested in collective betterment through personal growth. Improving the world by first improving yourself.
We’re all on this journey together, and I created F&F to share my experience, ideas I find interesting, and anything that has supported me so far. Hopefully it can support you too.
Here’s an idea of what you’ll find here:
General Mindset & Living Well
Beliefs and perspectives define the way we see the world, the possibilities and limitations we set for ourselves – your thoughts create your reality and what happens in the mind manifests through behaviours in the external world.
- How to Make 2016 the Best Year of Your Life – My first post of 2016, but still applicable to any year
- Western Society has Cut You Off from Your Real Self (Re-attach your head to your body) – We in the West have been trained to disconnect from our bodies – here’s how to re-connect with your real self
- How to Experience Heavenly Glory – About accessing the inherent profundity and meaning in everyday experience
Consciousness, Spirituality & Psychedelics
I have a deep interest in spirituality, psychedelic experience and trying to understand more about human consciousness.
That means exploring questions like: What is man’s place in the universe? Where does consciousness come from? What are we all doing here, in this dimension, on this planet? What’s the nature of reality and what is really going on?
- Here are the 5 Levels of Consciousness – A thought experiment that came from trying to define “high conscious” and “low conscious”
- Playing the Game: How to Reconcile Spirituality and Self Improvement – How I reconcile the seeming tension between self improvement (constructive focus on the self) and spirituality (recognition that there is no self)
- Peak Experience, Consciousness and Ego – Thoughts on a peak experience I had doing a particular type of breathing meditation, as well as the hard problem of consciousness, the value (?) of peak experiences and more
- Talking Better About No-Self – How can we communicate better about the concept of “no self” to improve our own lives, the lives of others, and our collective future?
Psychedelics and other consciousness-altering substances are a fascinating method of exploring the self, the nature of reality and our relation to the world.
- Fighting the War for Your Psychological Freedom: Drug Policy, Consciousness & Our Future – My take on psychedelics, drug policy and other related topics – an important set of issues that I think could define our future as a species
- Microdosing 1P-LSD for 30 Days – A self experiment with microdosing 1P-LSD that resulted in increased mood, creativity, energy and productivity
I have been practicing meditation since ~2012 and it has had an enormous positive effect in my life. After sleeping enough, eating nutritious food and getting regular exercise, I consider it the most important thing to feel good and function well.
- A Simple Body Awareness Meditation in 5 Steps – A basic meditation you can do anytime (starting right now!) that’s good for beginners.
- Why Life Tastes Better with Meditation – Explains many of the benefits of meditation and the “gift” that it gives you
- 3 Meditation Techniques for Mindfulness & Concentration – Mental models and techniques for meditation practice involving mindfulness and concentration
Most of your waking life is made up habits, routines, and rituals. Our habitual behaviour over time defines our success, impact, character and much of our lives.
- My Current Morning Routine – Morning routines are essential – check mine out then tell me about yours
Health & Diet
I believe eating nutritious food and maintaining physical health is extremely important and should be a major priority in life.
- How to “80/20” Your Nutrition with 5 Simple Rules – How I think about nutrition, and how to get 80% of the benefits of good nutrition with the most essential 20% of the information
- Reset Your Taste Buds (How to make clean and healthy food taste good)
Lifting Weights & Gaining Muscle
Although now I mostly do yoga and bodyweight training, lifting weights was a big part of my life for 5-6 years. Here’s a couple “before and after” pictures:
- My Awful Deadlift Mistake (and What You Can Learn From It) – I badly injured my back deadlifting several years ago – here’s how to avoid my mistake
Getting things done in the day-to-day is the only way to make anything happen, and I’m always interested in optimizing productivity.
- How to Destroy Procrastination in 10 Days – A short book that will help you overcome procrastination and build self discipline in just 10 days
- How to Use Attention to Detail to Improve the Quality of Everything You Build and Make – Breaking down attention to detail as a ‘meta skill’, what it actually involves and how/why it’s useful to cultivate
Mental performance is a huge part of productivity and nootropics or “smart drugs” can be extremely resourceful. From my experience, modafinil (Provigil) is the best nootropic available and it’s the only one I use with any consistency.
- Afinil Express Review with Pictures & Discount Codes (The best place to buy modafinil online)
Thanks for reading & Keep in touch
Also check out the complete archive of posts